We offer a private 'garden flat' in our family home, for anything from a single night to a week or more: set in seven acres of woodland on the road leading deep into Wells Gray Park, we are just a few minutes up the hill from village amenities (see map).
The apartment will comfortably accommodate up to five adults. It comprises -
- One bedroom with a queen-size double bed (with just about enough room for a crib / cot / foldout)
- One bedroom with either a king-size bed or two single beds
- Full bathroom
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Sitting room with satellite TV (and an additional single bed)
- Private entrance, opening to the front garden
- Private parking
- Firepit / barbeque, 'gazebo' and garden furniture available for your use
- Hot & cold running bears (*depending on season)
Here's an idea of the apartment's floorplan (please note - one of the single beds shown here in the second bedroom is now in a cubby in the sitting-room):
There are some pictures of the inside here...
Some things you might not like (!!)
- Up here in the woods, we have next to no cell / mobile phone service: you might be able to hang out of a tree by one arm to get a single bar, but that's about it. If so, the only network which operates in this area is that run by Telus / Bell / Virgin etc. (not Rogers).
- We do have wireless internet, but it comes from a satellite, and is much slower than that available in urban areas: it's not fast enough for Skype, FaceTime or the like. There are options for a better connection if you drive into the village.
- Please note that although the apartment is separate from the rest of the house, it is still part of our home: there are various teenage children (usually reasonably well-behaved, but not always), two cats and a dog (likewise). The animals will come into the apartment if you invite them. The children almost certainly won't, unless they are on slave duty.
- We call it a 'garden flat': others might call it a 'basement'. Yes, it's the lowest floor of the house, but every room (except the bathroom) has a full-size window - not a tiny slit at the top of the wall. Best of all, when it's in the high 30s outside, and baking hot upstairs, inside the apartment it is always lovely and cool!
We encourage you to make the most of the huge number of opportunities for activities in the area by offering discounts for multi-night stays: you'll find details on our Rates page.
As much help as you would like to make your stay memorable is always available, such as suggesting and organising activities, or providing an insider's guide to the area. Sometimes we might take a drive up into the mountains or along the river valley to see what's about, and have been known to invite guests to come with us...
The small town of Clearwater has a range of businesses, including a large grocery store, banks, pharmacy, liquor stores, a variety of restaurants and an awesome new pub / eatery / smokehouse, the Hop 'n' Hog, just down the hill! There are several adventure outfitters, offering whitewater rafting and kayaking, canoeing, fly-fishing, horseback riding, mountain hiking and biking, and all manner of other activities.
If you would like to venture into the Park for a night under canvas, perhaps by the shores of beautiful Clearwater Lake, we are able to provide you with a full set of camping equipment at very reasonable rates.
We request that guests kindly agree not to smoke in or anywhere near the house
Bedroom with Queen-Size Bed
Bedroom with One King-Size Bed or Two Singles
But you'll really be wanting to see some pictures of Wells Gray, right?
Here you go:
Huntley Col / Peak